About the versions:The versions are numbered like this:
x changes when the program is totally changed, and a new license is required
y changes when there are new big features or changes.
z changes where there are minor bug fixes and small improvements (They may or may not be important to you)
LiveProfessor Change log
- Improvements to OSC commands
- Audio routing popup menu would show wrong IO names
- Improved bus names and IO names in audio patch
- MIDI panic command is back
- Added command to jump to the first cue and set it as “next”
- Program is running with even higher system priority, to get rid of some dropouts
- Option to turn on more threads in Audio & Midi setting. This function will use more cores, but does not necessarily improve very low latency performance. Depends on system.
- Plugins loaded outside chains would default to mono. Now defaults to max io count.
- Enabled audio inputs and outputs are now properly saved with the project.
- Added option to save/load the enabled/disabled audio channels to / from a file
- Fixed bug with controllers and MIDI channels
- Fixed issues with Program Change messages and controller buttons
- Added zoom in/out buttons to the Wire View (Also possible to set keyboard shortcut)
- Made some changes to the Step Up and Step Down commands in the cue list to make them work even if nothing is selected.
- Updated third party frameworks
- Had to drop support for Windows XP (sorry)
- Crash when loading project with certain midi device setup
- Crash of Slate Digital AU plugin
- Crash of Sound Toys AU plugin
- Some plugins with multi-channel show up as stereo
- Pop up menu of Valhalla plugins got hidden
- Crash when saving state of certain VST3 plugins
- Generic plugin compatibility
- The Go Next command will run the first cue if no cue is set as "Next"
- Added Wire View, a new way to make audio connections
- Changed plugin window loading to support more plugins
- Freeze when changing settings of chains (I/O Count)
- Focus the search field in the plugin menu on OSX
- Crash when loading controller map pre-sets
- MCDSP AE600 Fail
- Latest Waves Shell fail.
- Cue list auto scroll
- Windows like cue lists and plugin disappears after switching off full screen
- Crash when replacing plugin
- Adding new cue list will show it
- Crash when selecting midi trigger device in cue list
- Fix crash with OSC controllers
- Fix bug when saving while closing
- Bug when saving chain to file
- Small bugs with controller maps
- Changes Cue List windows on OSX to improve resizing
- Added display of project tempo in the top bar
- Increased number of view sets that can be recalled my Midi/OSC controller to 32
- When a project is opened and a plugin not found, you can now replace it with another plugin.
- Ticks/crackles when adjusting input/output gain using controller
- Added option (default on) to smooth the MIDI clock. It is now both averaged and rounded to avoid clock/tempo jitter
- View Sets no longer hide status bar.
- When there is not enough room to show all view sets in the top bar, you can now click on the down arrow button to see all view sets. In this drop-down box, the view sets can be re-arranged by drag and drop.
- Issues with slate digital plugins and others related to opening plugin UI
- Bug in Midi filter UI on some systems. (apparently related to desktop scale)
- The bypass/on/off/mute/etc functions of the selected plugin can now be controlled via keyboard and hardware controllers.
- Issue with ISO and global snapshot. Bypass would turn on.
- Hotfix for snapshots recalled with all parameters at zero.
- OSC Controllers, please see this article on possible OSC commands
- Possible to apply an exponential curve to controllers. This will improve the mapping for gain knobs for example.
- Controller output (feedback to the hardware device) did not work properly with controller transforms in some situations.
- Basic, written manual in PDF-format
- Latency label in plugins would sometimes show negative values
- Some plugins did not get their settings saved in snapshots
- Issues with snapshots + fading in cues
- Improvements to plugins that have multiple busses / IO
- Various plugin compatibility issues
- Updated 3rd-party frameworks
- Fixed bug introduced in 2.0.0 breaking some plugins with multiple I/O
- Improvements to Global Snapshot filter
- Crash when adding chains
- Label of audio channel does not show in the New Chain dialog
- New plugin scanner, should improve scan time and stability
- Fixed bug in Midi Show Control, related to device ids
- Bug related to viewsets, where plugin windows won't close
- Fix for ASIO driver for Behringer x32 that was broken in 2.0
- Undocked windows stay on top of other applications on OSX
- Loading/Close Project dialog stays on top of other applications on OSX
- Crash when closing/switching view set
- Snapshot filter in Plugin Snapshot Cue not saved
- “Don’t load chunks” can’t be turned off in Plugin Snapshot Cue.
- Changes to plugin window show/hide code, to avoid rare crashes.
- Settings does not get cloned when duplicating plugins/chains
- Removed option to change plugin type in global snapshot. Not working as it should.
- Avoided a crash in the global snapshot filter list
- Updates to third party components.
- Isolated plugins did not get loaded correctly from saved project
- Crash related to midi learn
- Added a delay when closing plugin windows, needed for some plugins
- Midi filter did not get saved in project
- Controller transformations now show 1-127 for midi input transformation
- Improvements to plugin scanner
- Fixed a few bugs in the Hardware Controller Editor
- Fixed a bug where removing some types of plugins could lead to a crash
- Improved the MIDI panic code to avoid crash in Arturia (and maybe other) plugins.
- Fixed bug related to saving audio device settings
- Fixed bug when recalling snapshots in the cue list (Kontakt 5 would crash) Kontakt still does not like to get rapid snapshot recalls without it finishing the load. Working with NI on this.
- Added option to send crash reports
- Fixed bug when adding new chains
- Removed ASIO DirectX driver from the list, as it crashes and is useless anyway.
- Improved colors of cue lists. The last fired cue is now marked as blue
- Fixed a small bug where MIDI learn would work even if no midi device was selected
- Bug with send windows to front/back on osx
- Cues got triggered twice when using buttons sending controller messages
- Some improvements to the Cue Lists, step up/down, colours, etc
- Possible crash with midi learn
- New Audio Cues get file name as cue name
- Possible crash when re-opening the plugin manager, right after scanning for plugins.
- Crash on deleting a cue that is currently running, such as an audio or fade cue.
V2 RC 1.119.05.16
- Fixed a bug where some plugins crash LiveProfessor when added to a chain. This was a corner case occurring if you tried to load a plugin with more outputs then inputs, and more outputs then the number of channels in a chain
- Added option to set Cue List Numbers. For use with Midi Show Control
- Fixed bug with transpose + key-zones
- Cue lists no longer need to be “Armed” to be controlled by midi. If you need this functionality it can be turned on in the cue list settings window. (Cogwheel on the lower right)
- In the controller transforms window, it is now possible to change values by entering text next to the sliders.
- iZotope VST3 plugins would not show editor window
- Added option to send Bank / Patch /Program change in Midi Send Cues. Select this message type in the dropdown on the left.
V2 RC 112.05.16
- Audio Cues now have an option for stopping all other audio cues when starting, this can be used to create a «playlist-style» cue list.
- Audio Cues can now loop
- Chains now have an icon indicating the number of channels in the chain bus
- Templates no longer shows up under Recent Projects
- First cue list created in a project is now armed by default
- Renaming chains, now updates the names of plugins that have their UI-windows open.
- Fixed several issues with the plugin manager.
- Failed plugins can now be re-scanned by right clicking on them (If you forgot to put in the iLok or something)
V2 Beta 1.1Date 12.04.16
Improvements to hardware
- Save / Load hardware controller to/from file (In controller settings window)
- Save controller map presets along with controllers
- Bug related to button toggle
- Added option to delete controller by right click
- Removed duplicate “Recall View Set1”
- Added auto save feature under program options
- Selecting chain scrolls it in view
- Remove plugin from project in the navigator window could cause crash
- Midi learn now ignores various special messages like active sense.
- Updated underlying framework, and OSX SDK