I have an idea: I suggest you ...

Master-Mixer as a integrated standard feature

my suggestion:
one mixer/fader for every single-vsti (pro Channel), stereo or mono configurable, stereomaster for the sum of all output channels and the equipping (e.g.1,2,... stereoouts/MultiChannels). All channels with VU-Levelmeters and peakhold, etc.
When I add a vst-unit, LP adds automatically a mixer-channel. There's a way for insert Fx's or EQ in the Masteroutputsignal. Generelly Gain- settings for input signals, etc.,all these informations neatly arranged in one Master-mixer feature. (Look at Cubase, e.g.) So, I hope I'm not the only one. Bye

25 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ryan commented  · 

I actually like that there is no integrated mixer in LP. This seems like something that should be accomplished with a plugin.

Although, yeah, I'd definitely use that plugin.

• Spav commented  · 

Comment to the above: As effects will be VST's, mixing instruments and effects along a mixer would lead to confusion. There must be a way of setting the order so that effects can be grouped and chained and are visually separate from instruments. Buses can be added rather than trying to patch directly to inputs of VST's, this way they can be changed on teh bus without having tio rebuild all the patching. Most of the DAW have this sorted, there operation should be used as the template for the mixer.

As this LP is intended for live use, the monitoring aspects become quite important. In this environment normal monitor mixing is not the right answer, as you are not monitoring individual VST's, the master mix is more important than the individual track. For small bands that do not have a big desk where individuals can have a monitor mix, the best you get is a generic FOH mix and a lot of the time the keyboards are way down in the mix and need a local monitor lift.

The ability to use the monitor input for FOH and mix that with the master stereo out for the keyboards to a dedicated monitor out and use this for the feed to your monitor or IEM system.

Feedback and Knowledge Base