I have an idea: I suggest you ...

Add MIDI controller 'Pick-up value' option for knobs and faders. Smoother operation!

When turning a knob or sliding a physical fader on the controller, LiveProfessor would 'Pick Up' once the received MIDI value matches the mapped control's value.

This enables for smoother operation of mapped plugins. At this moment, LiveProfessor 'jumps' to the new received value immediately.

A good implementation of this system is done by the Ableton Live. Here's the description of their different midi controller takeover modes, from their own website's documentation page:

26.1.3 Takeover Mode
When MIDI controls that send absolute values (such as faders) are used in a bank-switching setup, where they address a different destination parameter with each controller bank, you will need to decide how Live should handle the sudden jumps in values that will occur when moving a control for the first time after switching the bank. Three takeover modes are available:

None — As soon as the physical control is moved, its new value is sent immediately to its destination parameter, usually resulting in abrupt value changes.

Pick-Up — Moving the physical control has no effect until it reaches the value of its destination parameter. As soon as they are equal, the destination value tracks the control’s value 1:1. This option can provide smooth value changes, but it can be difficult to estimate exactly where the pick-up will take place.

Value Scaling — This option ensures smooth value transitions. It compares the physical control’s value to the destination parameter’s value and calculates a smooth convergence of the two as the control is moved. As soon as they are equal, the destination value tracks the control’s value 1:1.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)